1. Walking to Darling Harbour
2. The city behind Darling Harbour
4. Bondi Beach & surfers (click for larger).
8. Highest view in Sydney (according to my guide).
10. Playing with my camera...
12. Red & Blue.
15. View from the Hotel - George Street (the Four Seasons is all kinds of awesome).
16. Opera House at night.
17. City Lights on the water & Sydney Harbour Bridge.
18. The Bridge in daylight.
19. In front of the Opera House.
20. On the ferry to Manly.
21. Manly Beach.
23. Beach! This would be fabulous in summer.
24. More beach.
It feels like forever since I was in Sydney, but really it's only been 2 weeks. It was a fantastic, though short, trip. I enjoyed every moment of it. I loved exploring and just having a good time. Hopefully next time I'm there longer and won't feel so rushed, and perhaps it will be spring/summer? Who knows.
Right now I'm starting to plan my OE (Overseas Experience), I'm thinking of traveling straight for a couple of months around Europe, and then perhaps I will find a job in the UK for a few months, then travel again. I'm starting saving now. I've been looking for a good way to travel (because I'll probably be on my lonesome), and Bus-about looks like a fun and easy way to just make it up as you go. You can stay longer in some places than others, meet people who are like-minded travelers, and won't break the bank. I think I need to do a backpackers holiday just to be classed as a veteran 'OE'er'!
Of course I will be needing a more fantastic camera (Canon 550D tri-lens kit, you will be mine!) than my Canon G12 (although I do love it!), and I think also an ipad would be a good backpacking tool.
I don't think my Boss will want me to leave just yet though, so these plans are about a year out from now! Does anyone have any 'must do/see' things in any city in Europe? There's so much history there that I'm a tad overwhelmed with googling everything!